Research Data Scotland is a charity registered in Scotland (SC051305) with registered offices at the Bayes Centre, 47 Potterrow, Edinburgh, EH8 9BT (Company Number SC677016). We are a collaboration between Scottish Government, Scotland’s leading academic institutions and public bodies which aim to facilitate insight from data and improve the economic, social and environmental wellbeing in Scotland by enabling access to and link to data about people, places and businesses for research in the public good.
We are building upon Scotland’s existing data resources, expertise and capabilities offered by service delivery partners and partner organisations including The Scottish Government, PHS (eDRIS), NRS, EPCC, HDR-UK and Scottish Universities.
Working alongside our partners, we will:
- Build on the linkage-ready data infrastructure being developed by Scottish Government
- Ensure the eDRIS service within PHS continues to support hundreds of data access and linkage projects each year
- Use the World-Class data infrastructure being developed at Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre
- Use expertise for data indexing that exists at the National Records of Scotland
- Use the expertise and services of the Regional Safe Havens, including additional data (with coverage of over half of the Scottish population) to the COVID-19 data holding and national COVID-19 related research
Research Data Scotland Transition Board
The RDS Transition Board will have strategic oversight of the RDS delivery programme, including transition from the project phase to RDS becoming a free standing and independent organisation.
The Board may also oversee the early operation of RDS until such time all leadership and governance structures are in place.
The Board is chaired by Prof. Roger Halliday, Chief Statistician, Scottish Government and is made up of senior leaders from across the public sector, and leading academics. Secretariat is provided by the Data Access & Statistics Division, Scottish Government. You can read more about the RDS Transition Board here.